Thursday, March 2, 2017

The More Things Change....The More They Stay the Same


This is a page from a 1969 pamphlet issued by the Ethiopian Student Association in North America about its occupation of the Ethiopian embassy in Washington DC. The caption with these photos is worth reprinting in full:

"1 & 3) It is shown that in spite of the ban, Ethiopian students carry the demonstrations to expose the tyranny their people endure. 2) It is ironic that the Ethiopian whom the policeman is strangling, is charged with 'assault on a police officer.' 4) The Ethiopians are forbidden to stage a peaceful demonstration in spite of America's claim of freedom of expression."

Several student activists were arrested.

(Note: I apologize for letting posts lack here. I've been spending my free time, which I have less of due to a full work schedule, on research and writing my book project, and have neglected posting things here. I am glad to hear from readers and I will try not to leave such long absences of new posts. But above all my book, which is coming along nicely, is very exciting and will be worth the wait and worth the dearth of new material here. Stay with me! —ISH)

2 comments:

  1. Dear ISH,

    Welcome back. It is nice to know that you are working on your book. I am looking forward to reading it. Please continue with your post. Ayanew

    ReplyDelete