Sunday, September 18, 2016

Research Materials Still Needed!


I have made some great strides in finding research materials. Special thanks to several internet correspondents. I'm reposting this list of things I need, with a few things added and a special appeal.

The following is a partial list of materials I am looking for. I am interested in originals, photocopies, scans or PDFs. Also interested in leads on libraries which might have these materials. I will consider donations, purchase (I'm on a limited budget) or loans.

CONTACT INFO: If you have leads on any of these materials, please comment on this thread with your contact information. Label your comment "Not for Publication" and I will keep your comment private and respond to you personally. Thank you!

Translation Help Needed!
I have many items on Amharic PDF.  I would really like to read these materials. Anyone interested in some free political education by translating into typed English or who can recommend low-cost translation to English, these are among the materials I would like to read. I have these documents in Amharic:
  • “On The Mass Line” by Berhane Meskel
  • Meison self-criticism
  • Investigation testimonies from Berhane Meskel, Tito Hiruy, Haile Fida
  • Certain issues of Democracia, Sefiw Hizbe Demts, LabAder
Original Materials, preferably in English 
  • Struggle, from University Students Union of Addis Ababa, as shown in photo above; esp. 1969–1974
  • “The National Question in Ethiopia” by Tilahun Takele, 1970
  • Abyot, from the EPRP European Office (Especially Vol. 1, No. 1, No. 3, No. 5 and other issues from 1975-1976)
  • Forward, from the WWFES (published in Madison, WI, USA or London; I have a half dozen issues)
  • Zena, from ESUNA
  • Combat, from ESUNA (I have a few issues)
  • Any local materials from EPRP, Meison, Emaledh, WazLeague, English especially but interested in Amharic as well. 
  • Eritreans for Liberation in North America, Eritrea: Revolution or Capitulation?, 1978
  • Any pamphlets or articles from EPLF or TPLF polemicizing against EPRP, 1975-1979
  • Any English translations of Democracia
  • New Ethiopia, journal of Meison's foreign section in Europe. I have one issue in French, looking for any in English. 
  • PDFs of The Ethiopian Herald in English from 1974-1979

Books
  • Ethiopia Red Terror Documentation & Research Center, Documenting the Red Terror: Bearing Witness to Ethiopia's Lost Generation (Ottawa 2012)
  • Ayelew Yimam, Yankee Go Home, Signature Book Printing

Miscellany
  • Photos of EPRP activities in Ethiopia
  • EPRP posters or European or American solidarity items
  • Materials/articles/pamphlets from US left organizations on Ethiopia ca. 1972-1978, especially Communist Labor Party, People’s Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment